RSS

Friday, November 27, 2009

WhAt OnE RoAd CaN Do?!

I'm not the biggest fan of any subject in class!! I may manage the grades but honestly i'd rather watch the entire season of DEXTER (that's my latest craze) at a stretch than study the night before those horrible exams. What draws my attention minutely to a subject is not the matter itself, but i'm more interested in who teaches it!! Just ask my classmates how important the teacher is, He/She can make or break the subject!




For me, life has been my greatest teacher. I've always believed that there's noting more you can learn in a classroom that you can't learn out in the open. I mean why get a degree spending a trillion bucks when you can just get the same information from the internet for a microscopic fraction of the cost. ASK ME!! i'm in one of these FUTHER EDUCATION colleges; and what i have understood is that somehow when there are people who are older to you, and have a few PHD and research feathers in their hats it all seems somewhat reassuring that what we are learning from the text books who were writen by more people who have to prove their knowledge to the world!



Don't get me wrong or call me a hypocrat yet, im just gettin started here- give me a chance to finish what i'm saying and then pass all the judgements you want.

I love reading books, but i have this huge phobia, it's called the "TEXTBOOKOPHOBIA" no clue how i got it, my dad is a doc and still loves reading his text books for the information and my mom graduated with Bsc honours. So how did i develop this phobia i haven't the slightest idea. So enough with me justifying about the education system, one tiny blog ain't gona change anything.



I was really impressed by WHAT ONE ROAD CAN DO!!



Keyenes was right! BRAVO! What a fantastic theory! Hell is this what i have been trying to understand for the past 8 years?



Now i will start arguing why you should still stay in school and not quit.



So it was on one of those gloomy days, where everything seemed so blue. This force of nature or divine creature if i may call my professor so comes to class and starts with a heavy class of economics. Now let me tell you this the closest i have come to liking eco is FREAKONOMICS ( must read for those who don give a damn about this subject). So anyhow, my professor starts this class on the aggregate demand or something like that, and goes on about some consumption, and expenditure and investemnts ( i actually thought that all of them were the same) and goes on about how they are connected and related...bla bla bla.....



I just couldn't wait to get out of that class, it was 4.15 and my hunger grew from bad to worse. So just as i looked at the watch and was about to pray to god to fastforward time 15 min ahead, this professor tells us a story of what wonders a road can do!



Check this out:



Things around you are going slow. No one freaking cares about doing anything and don't want to get off their lazy asses to work: because of the EXCUSE that there is no work. So what do you do? Just take every last penny you have saved and invest it into building a road. Now these lazy asses have no excuses to not work. So work=money, that means that people now will buy more (don't ask what!) and then you will have to produce more and then you can expand and more activity takes place and now the whole world is one happy place, more money for everyone.



Simple logic? Well guess what this is called? "The MULTIPLIER", I mean imagine for 8 year untill now the multiplier was some complicated shit some smart alik wrote just because he wanted to torture the future generations. But this teacher breaks it down to the basics and from that day onwards all i can ever see in any activity is bloody economics and the multiplier. I have become obsessed with it i think. WHY??? Coz the teacher is that awesome.



So now i'm this chick who takes the trouble reading economics for the subject and not coz i have to pass. I think its good once in a while to open your ears around and listen to people who makes sense....



After all this if your still wondering what I just said or why you wasted you time reading this utter nonsense, I have no clue why i even wrote this!!!!

2 comments:

hurry curry said...

whether be it multiplier or pele the star footballer..i guess we share aa different kind of bond wd our teachers right...we like the subject or rather we touch the books of only those subjects ,whose teachers appeal to us ;) ideologically i mean ;) well written though... u can teach me some economics..this way i too will learn it i guess

Archana Pillai said...

It is nice to know your opinion of me...I did not realise that I can be boring too...You do look disinterested once in a while...I did not think it was my blah blahing.. Keep writing....it is definitely fun to read you..Would appreciate if you also spoke in class...

Archana