RSS

Thursday, April 22, 2010

HaApPy BdaY To mY BeSt FrEn-eMiE.... :)

This post is solely dedicated to one of my best friend’s who celebrates his birthday on Sunday. Well being the person that I am, total LAST MINUTE, and a little more inclined towards faultlessness, I decided not to send him a gift. Now don’t think I’m penny-pinching or even care about how much it would cost me; but I have good motive to do so:


• Firstly no courier service in Bangalore delivers anything within 24 hours to Hyderabad (Because that is where he’s presently doing his internship)

• Secondly, according to him it would be fine even if I sent him a chocolate & that the thought counts! Now let us examine this statement a little. If I send him a chocolate let’s assume his favorite one is a Mars Bar, it would cost me 30 bucks for the chocolate. Now if I sent it via Blue dart they guarantee the delivery within 48 hrs but I’d have to shell out 230 bucks for the service and that would be about 776.67% of the value of the cargo; and it is plain simple NONSENSE! Now if I used FEDEX, they’d charge me 165 bucks, cheaper but it’s still 550% of the goods value (note that the use of percentages is just because My friend is a NUMBERS MAN and loves Quants, and since this post is dedicated to him I think it’s fair enough).

• My third & the cheapest option would be to send it via the Indian “Speed” Post. Yeah right! I once remember my friend telling me this story about how she received a package via the INDIAN “SPEED” POST a month after her birthday intact (luckily) with no sign of damage or forceful opening, but, when she opened it all she found were empty chocolate wrappers. She even swore by her life that the sender wasn’t the types to play a practical joke on her. So all we could do is WONDER!!! (True story by the way).

So I decided the best gift I could give him was the gift of Being famous on MY BLOG for at least one post & putting him in the limelight!! (After all it’s the thought of me doing this special thing that counts).

Now a bit about him, Kabir AKA Kabs AKA Kabbie AKA Truck Driver (sorry Kabs I couldn’t resist, please don’t kill me) is just plain evil! OMG what did she just say???? I thought he was her best friend!!! Yea he is; but our relation is different, it’s like Maggie Chilly Tomato Sauce (Zara hatke, It’sss Different). You get my point. So if you ever see me praising him know that someone has hacked into my ID or has held a gun to my head to write anything nice about him!

But I must tell you he is one of the brightest kids in school I’ve ever seen! I mean numbers are his life and the second best thing t numbers I guess would be good food (now that he’s in Hyd he calls frequently just to tell me about some amazing place he has been to).

You see when I joined college in Hyd, Kabs joined us a month later because of his exams, and the day he came he sat right behind me in class. At first I thought, “Just another geek”; but as days passed by I got to know him better. We got better acquainted over our fights (and I don’t mean your average silly verbal ones). We fought physically (if you didn’t already know I’m quiet the fighter). But strangely instead of getting pissed since I constantly lost (he’s a little stronger than me) I didn’t resent him even though I’m highly competitive. Even when he threw mw into a puddle of muddy water he evened it out by getting me a Crackle I took it like a woMAN (and got back at him when he least expected it). Everything is fair in Enemy-ship & War.

It’s been a great year of knowing, combating & understanding him. He’s been there when I needed someone the most & has been supportive of my craziest decisions. Stood by me like a friend, guide & family member when I couldn’t express myself to anyone else. It’s been a great passage and I look forward to a lifetime of friendship. He even keeps in touch with me constantly. Whoever said, ‘Gals & guys can’t be JUST friends’ have yet to meet us. (Warning: For this paragraph a revolver was held at my head)

So Kabs I hope you like my very cheap but highly creative gift! Cheers to you and your birthday. Have a wonderful day without me. Miss me though if you’re going out and partying!!!



P.S: You owe me a BIG treat!! And don’t worry you will be famous here on my blog many people read it 

P.P.S: I completely forgot I had written a few lines about you:


You have always been cheerful & gay (happy),
Your Birthday is one month before May (Fools Month),
One day ill win in a physical fight and then on the ground you will lay (It’ll be soon)
Enough of the Bakwaas, For all I mean to say
is Kutte....Kameene....Happy Bday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy b day kabbiiee jaan..
paviiii gud job...luvd ur shayari at d end....kami...naaaaaa

Unknown said...

thank uuuuuuuuuuuu........paviiiii...... thank u so much....u are the first one to wish me....i liked it very much....as i had told u it doesnt matter for me how expensive is the gift...u did the same especially explaining it with the numbers...thank u once again...c u soon...aur avi tu saale apna naam likh sakta hai....

sonal said...

dis is awesoooooooomme...
i jus <3 it sooo much!!!!
nice stuff ya pavi..now u get her a mars kabie..lol...
so pre-bday celebrations already on a roll...yeeaaahhhh...
kabies bday is right here!!!!
miss u soooo much...
:)

ps- love d chotu poem...so cute!! kabie learn it up by heart...ph pe sunana hoga..hehehe

Yula said...

he he he...thank you...all for our darling kabbie...aka truck driver....avi kyun chup chup ke comment kar rahe ho??? haha we know its you...sonal thank you for the comment hope kabs will remember this bday for the rest of his life :)

Pavi

Unknown said...

Amazing Post PP...

This is a gift which Kabi will remember forever...

U have given him his 180 seconds of fame (it takes about 3 minutes to read)

I loved the li'l poem u wrote--
You have always been cheerful & gay (happy),
Your Birthday is one month before May (Fools Month),
One day ill win in a physical fight and then on the ground you will lay (It’ll be soon)
Enough of the Bakwaas, For all I mean to say
is Kutte....Kameene....Happy Bday.

LMAO !!

And like Kabi said, it is the thought which matters. ;-)

Wishing him more fren-emie's like you....

avneet said...

likh to deta naam. par pata hi nhi kahan likhna hai... hahaha... u kno me....

Nikhil said...

kya baat hai......kaash koi hume bhi itna pyar karta.naseeb wala hai ye kutta..kaminaaaaa.very well written pavi.
Happy b'day kabir..miss u bro..