RSS

Monday, March 29, 2010

This Was My Weekend...How was Yours?

It’s been a long and trying weekend and I’m glad it’s Monday again. Most people, I’m sure must think I’m batty, but I assure you I’m not. Just hear me out.


I got off work as usual on Friday, and decided to head back to my aunt’s place in dollars colony, which is Rs.70/- (Disclaimer: prices will vary according to the type of meter used, negotiation skills, knowledge of shortcuts and number of traffic signals you stumble upon) away from U.B. City (that’s how you measure the distance in Bangalore). Tired from a hard day’s work of Blogging, Facebooking, smsing, eating, and filling out applications I head out. After having waited for over 15 minutes for an auto, I stroll up Kasturba road and suddenly feel hunger pangs. I walk up to the end of the road and see that I had two options: SUBWAY, or Mc DONALDS!

Five minutes later, I got out of subway with a 6inch roasted chicken sub custom made (NO, I did not chose subway since was healthier out of the two, but McDonalds was on the other side of the road and I was in no mood to walk back half the way to cross the road; thanks to the road divider). All I needed now was a ‘rick’; and voila, just like that there magically appeared an empty auto and stopped right in front of me. The driver even agreed to charge me by DIGITAL METER. On the journey back home I received an sms from a friend inviting me for her birthday, my calendar showed that I was supposed to meet my school friend for coffee, another friend smsed saying he had gotten tickets for AVATAR in 3D, my cousin invited me over for lunch on Sunday.

I was joyously planning the weekend ahead when I received a phone call from a dear friend, late at night saying that he was coming to Bangalore the next day to surprise me! So I quickly got to work cancelling all my prior commitments and now making different plans altogether just for him and me. It was there at that very moment that I decided that that was going to be the best weekend of all!

Little did I know…

… that when I went to pick up my friend from the bus stop the next morning I would find out that he was in fact joking about the whole coming-to-Bangalore-thing!

…that I would end up un-reserving the dinner reservations I had made at my favorite restaurant, for my friend and me!

…that I would go to GARUDA mall alone just because I had nothing else to do (thanks to all the cancellations)

…that I would end up eat cookies, apple cables, an entire sizzler, a lemon soda, a cold coffee, a double chip brownie, all by myself just to stop myself from breaking down in the middle of the mall in frustration!

…that I would end up shopping for clothes worth ten thousand rupees, to cheer myself up only to realize that I had spent 2 months rent money. God help!

… that I would have to wait for 2 hours in the middle of brigade road for my friend to pick me up and take me out for some Chinese Soup and Kebabs, last minute!

…that I would get blasted at by my mother for accepting a gift from my aunt, who is not in talking terms with the rest of the family.

… that I would miss the movie that I have been longing to watch ever since it had released, just because the movie was house full in 3 theatres!

THANK YOU MISCOMMUNICATION!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

liked it..y didnt i knw u blog?

Yula said...

hahahah...coz i started it due to my SIP :) no much work!!!