RSS

Friday, March 23, 2012

Forever 31

They say when the time is right, it is!


There is no one or nothing in this world that can take you away from your life’s path! Your true destiny, your mission!

And my calling came recently; and I have decided to finally pursue the one thing I am good at. Telling stories!

NO! I am not joining the Indian army (though I wish I could), or giving up my worldly possessions and attaining sainthood (though my dad would love it) or getting married (I know all my relatives would be happy). I am going to take part in a novel writing competition and I am sure not too many would be happy.

This maybe my only hope of ever getting started on something new and exciting, a world of fantasy and hope and the hopefully my dream of becoming famous one day.

I am taking part in an extreme competition called NANOWRIMO and it will take place in June. The motive of the competiton is for writers to write novels beginning at 12.01 a.m, on 1st June 2012 and they have time until 11.59 p.m, 30th June 2012 to finish 50,000 words in all.

Here’s an excerpt from my forthcoming novel. Fingers crossed!!

Three dates in one day!


And one would think at least one of them was good. How can one have a strike out with three supposedly “perfectly-matched” guys?


Bacholer # 1


Tall, handsome, very presentable, good hold of English, erudite and most importantly loaded! (Mum and dad’s first level of screening criteria would be a perfect 10 on 10, except the well read part, that one was mine.) I had spoken to him over the phone for the thirteenth time (I’m not superstitious and to prove that he was the one I wanted to meet him right away) this morning and within the short period of time that I had known him, he had charmed my pant off, if not literally, at least I would do it in a heartbeat if he ever asked me to.


We met for breakfast, in a cafe close to my place called “hole in the wall”. It was my favourite and most vitally close to my house and served the most scrumptious English breakfast. He walked into the cafe with long steps and as he approached me with the click-clacks of his custom made wooden soled, suede shoes; a soft grey blazer and matching trousers and a polo neck black t-shirt, my heart skipped two beats!


This is it!


Michael Jackson’s sound track was already playing on my mental sound system. (Annie are you ok, are you ok, are you ok Annie?)


“Annie??” he asked. His voice was deep.


“Hmmmmm,” I purred like a Persian cat whose belly was being scratched. My heart knew it. He was the one.


“Hello, Are you Ananya Nayak?....Excuse me, miss dream gurrrrrl..”


As I snapped out of the wonderful trance I was in. “..aa..hem...sorry...yes..yeH...please have a seat, and you must be Santhosh?”


“Yes, thank you, Kahan Khoi hui thi (where were you lost)?


I wanted to say, in a land far, far darling away where I would be lying in your lap and you would be feeding me grapes all day. But I just ended up babbling something about not having enough sleep last night.


Our conversation was flowed into the ocean of intellect, we lost track of time and long before I knew it, it was 2.p.m. and though I honestly did not want to budge from the seat next to him I realised if I did not get my ass down to Cypress, in the next 20 minutes I would have to listen to an earful form Seema auntie. It was time for bachelor #2.


2 comments:

Sonia said...

Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Right Michael Jackson is the best example of your post i share your post at Vehicle towing company and many people like it. Thanks for sharing.